Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Nouns, Nouns, Nouns!!!!!https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

Whew! It's been a roller coaster of a month (October-now).  Our principal has been out and we've had a retired principal in doing the principal's duties and another retired principal doing observations. So glad mine is over and I can focus on other things now.  ;)


Over the passed few weeks my 1st grade ELs have been learning about singular and plural nouns.  We started the week with a review of nouns, then we moved onto singular and plural. 


As I told my observing principal, I work smarter, not harder, so I have used a lot of freebies that I found on Pinterest.  This is my first year teaching 1st grade so I need EVERYTHING! 




We first started with a sort.  I used this freebie I found by Linda Nelson. 


FREE Autumn Nouns picture/word cards. Match or sort on the included mat, or use in your writing center.
You can grab your free copy from Linda at Primary Inspiration


As I held up each picture I would say,  "Is it 1 (and hold up 1 finger) or 2 or more"( I would hold up 2 fingers and then stretch my arms really wide) because I want them to know plural isn't just two. 




Students then took turns helping me and putting it into a pocket chart (because that's really fun!)




The next day we reviewed singular and plural and then worked on an activity for our interactive notebooks. I got this from Nichole over at Rowdy in Room 300. 



This was her kindergarten work but we used it in first grade.  It was a great hands-on activity that was fun, yet educational.




Lastly, we wrapped up the week by adding one more activity to our interactive notebooks.  I got this from Denise at Sunny Days in Second Grade. 


Halloween themed interactive Notebook Freebie for singular and plural nouns.


They had to color, cut, glue, then make a list of singular or plural nouns behind the picture.  I still had the sort in the pocket chart so kiddos who were still unsure of themselves were able to use those words.





No comments:

Post a Comment