Saturday, September 6, 2014

Guided Readinghttps://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

My world is a little different this year, in that I only have my students for a small percentage of the day.  I LOVE guided reading and try to have 15 minute groups a day.  Hard when you only see them for 60 minutes.


This is how I have chosen to organize my groups this year.









This is my pre-reading group.  They are new to the country so we just work on concepts about print and tracking words, etc.  If you don't know Dr. Jan Richardson's work, PLEASE visit this site.  She has a plethora of information and documents to help all level of readers.

Here is a link to her site. This is where the lesson plan templates came from.  They are very scripted and fool proof!  I need this since I am teaching these newcomers.   Guided Reading with Dr. Jan Richardson
More of Dr. Richardson's templates for Early readers. 








No comments:

Post a Comment