Saturday, September 6, 2014

I'm BACK!!!! (with classroom setup pictures)https://sites.google.com/site/mayuradocs/PinIt.png

I can't believe how I have neglected my blog.  Boy does life get in the way.
Well, I have gotten married since my last post, it's been almost a year, gotten pregnant and miscarried our precious little one, and put a contract on a house, just to realize it had a lot of repairs to be done (so we are still house hunting while we wait to see if sellers are going to repair).  I also have a new position at work so I'm trying to fire the blog back up.  I am the 1st-3rd grade EL teacher.  I pull the ELs out in smaller groups and work with them everyday.  I LOVE my job this year!!!!!



My Classroom
This is how my classroom looked when I walked in.  Talk about a lot of work.  It was navy and yellow (YUCK!) and it was quite dirty (I mean, look at that floor-no fault of the teacher before me).  So, $45 dollars and hours of hard labor later, we (meaning me and my wonderful hubby) completed the painting and cleaning.





It's beginning.... and it already looks so much better! 






So once the painting was done, I began to decorate!!!!!

This is my data wall.  I got the cute border from Parent Teacher, the buckets from Target, and the polka dot paper from Hobby Lobby (it's scrapbook paper).



This is the view of the front of my room.




This is the shelf smack in the middle of every school built in the ancient times.  LOL
I turned it into a word wall because 95% of my teaching is done from my reading table. $2 table cloth and cute letters from Parent Teacher.


This is the bulletin board where I display their work.  $1 table cloth and clothes pins that my room mom made me last year.
 

This is the view of the room from the door.

Thinking Maps, one of my favorite things! ($2 table cloth)  Also, really cute table for centers and green stools from Ikea.



I LOVE my desk!!!! I got a $2 table cloth and taped it on.  Then I got $5 letter "s", painted it the same as my shelves, and this is what I got!!!





Super cute curtain made by a fellow teacher.   



That's all for this post.  The next post is coming and will be about centers.










No comments:

Post a Comment